FranceVFR, our partner in crime for the D-Day Project and long-time specialist in French FS scenery, has released Bretagne Sud VFR 3D Automation. That’s a long product name…… Laurent wants to emphasize that it is made with his new 3DAutomation tool, a way to enhance ‘autogen’ creation and make every landscape more realistic (although NOT photorealistic).
Below his official press release:
France VFR is proud to announce our last product from the famous VFR 3D Automation collection : Bretagne Sud VFR 3D Automation.
This scenery is the second and last volume for the french well known Britany region !
Our 3D Automation provides incredible features for very large sceneries including detailed cities, all the VFR landmark and long range visibility for medium and large cities.
The new VFR Regional series was designed and developped to provide VFR flight an environment as realistic as possible. It is the result of years of experience and practice in flight simulation and 3D modeling.
“VFR Regional” products embed all enhancements from the new 3DAutomationÂ® technology developed by France VFR. This technology already allows to generate the most realistic and dense environments ever seen. It does not intend to model real world accurately but to create a copy “as real as it gets” on a massive scale. It will evolve to adapt to the needs and new data available.
– Ground textures from 0.85 to 1 meter / pixel resolution from IGN aerial photography reworked for an optimal visual rendition in Flight Simulator XÂ® (summer only).
– Dedicated mesh with high definition 4.75 meters (LOD13).
– Lakes and rivers with navigable waters fitting the texture.
– Transparency management of the seabed on the entire scene.
– Semi-detailed airports including flatten platform correction.
– Obstacles and VFR landmarks modeled on the entire scene including the official SIA database (antennas, towers, water towers, wind turbines, various constructions …).
– Hundreds of thousands of objects and notable buildings integrated into the environment (churches, power plants, silos, castles, industrial tanks, bridges, tolls, cranes, boats, streetlights, road signs …).
– Integration of 3D AutomationÂ® technology allowing multi-million buildings and realistic vegetation areas fitting geographic specs.
– Extremely dense and optimized vegetation coverage using a custom rendering module controlled by artificial intelligence (AI).
– Autogen buildings including additional specific and optimized 3D variations.
– Geo-referenced data for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed on the same area.
– Development process 100% Microsoft Â® SDK specifications compliant, ensuring maximum compatibility with new releases.