Author Topic: Tongass Fjords installer problem (solved)  (Read 6114 times)

Blitzer

• View Profile
Tongass Fjords installer problem (solved)
« on: September 09, 2016, 03:46:50 PM »
Hi,

Have just built a new PC running update hardware etc. Running Windows 10 home and FSX-SE.
On attempting to run the installer for Tongass (bought a few years ago) I have found the installer does not actually do anything. If I open up task manager I can it there, but no dialogue window ever opens up to continue with installation. Wondering if I need a new installer file.... Anything you can suggest?

Paul
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:17:35 PM by francois »

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
Re: Tongass Fjords installer problem (solved)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:50:59 PM »
Hi Paul,

sorry, but I'm not sure what would cause this behavior. Have you checked whether perhaps an anti-virus or malware tool might be involved?

Cheers, Holger
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:17:19 PM by francois »

Blitzer

• View Profile
Re: Tongass Fjords installer problem
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 01:57:37 AM »
I guess it may be worth trying temporarily disabling antivirus and defender after a reboot... Nothing to lose! Will let you know what happens.

Thanks.

Paul

Blitzer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »
ARRRRGH!

Just attempted to give this a try and now I cannot find the installer at all, still have a copy of the keyfile and a file for Google Earth coverage... but no installer! >:-(
It is possible to re-download the installer at all? :-S

Regards,

Paul

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 11:42:49 PM »
Hi Paul,

depends where you got it from. If purchased from simMarket or Aerosoft you should be able to log into your store account and download it again. If you bought it directly from FSAddon you may still have the email with the download link or else send an email to Francois (click on his user name to bring up the mailing option) to get more information.

FYI, if you want to search your PC and backup media for the installer, its full name is "Tongass_Fjords.exe".

Cheers, Holger

Blitzer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 12:44:26 AM »
Hi Holger,

No joy on the PC search, have a nasty feeling I have accidentally deleted the installer file itself when clearing out my hard drive to gain some room. :(
To add insult to injury a little used external HD won't power up either so I cannot check if I had the file backed-up there either - you could not make it up!
Still have my license key and proof of purchase certificate number so I will try Francois  to see if he can provide me with a link to obtain the installer...

Thanks again.

Paul
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:47:45 AM by Blitzer »

Blitzer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 09:57:36 PM »
All sorted - now able to flying in Tongass Scenery once again - thanks Francois and Holger for your help with this really appreciated. :)

Venom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 04:41:05 PM »
Hello.

Im kind of in the same boat as Blitzer.

I built a new computer with Windows 10 64. I double click the installer and nothing happens. The Task Manager shows the Flight1 Installer Module running, but nothing ever happens, I tried disabling the AV and still nothing.

I bought it from Flight1 in December 2009. I have my Order and Certificate number. I tried to re-download the installer from Flight1 but seem to be it is not available anymore from Flight1

What do I do now?

Thanks

francois

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 06:08:32 PM »
Not sure about Flight1. They have their own peculiar ways  ;D

Send me an email and we'll get you sorted. Francois@fssupport.com

Francois

Venom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 02:43:53 PM »
Francois, Thanks for your help. Problem solved now!