Author Topic: Tongass Fjords for P3D v3  (Read 6458 times)

jc2231

• View Profile
Tongass Fjords for P3D v3
« on: May 05, 2016, 03:55:05 AM »
Hello, are there specific instructions for installing Tongass Fjords to P3D v3?  Thanks in advance.

James

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
Re: Tongass Fjords for P3D v3
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 01:01:59 AM »
Hi James,

as far as I know the same steps apply as for v2 -- http://fssupport.com/fsaddonforum/index.php?topic=34.0 -- except that the terrain.cfg folder name would be "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3"

Cheers, Holger

Molew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:00:08 AM »
I seem to be having an elevation issue with TF in P3D v3.3.5 ... When I begin at PASI (Sitka/Rocky Guiterrez, my go-to location for testing TF installation) the airport itself is a couple meters below ground level, with the sim apparently trying to show default ground textures above the TF textures.

I have TF files in place withing the P3D folder, the block of TF entries manually placed within terrain.cfg, and have scenery.cfg entries manually placed as well. I've run Orbx Central and ensured TF entries are below the main FTX entry, but above OLC (tested with below OLC, no change, airport still under ground.)

Since PASI (Sitka - Rocky G. ) is not an Orbx airport, I cannot automatically nor manually adjust AEC for PASI within FTX Central v2.

Thoughts or suggestions most welcome.

Edit: Just read that Francois will be away from today until mid Aug ... my timing for advice is impeccable as always!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:10:54 AM by Molew »

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 07:09:47 PM »
Hi there,

actually, the Vector AEC tool will scan all active scenery folder for airport duplicates, not just Orbx folders. That being said PASI's altitude isn't altered by Global Vector so that can't be the issue. More likely, you're missing the required elevation adjustment files for Tongass Fjords that need to be located in \Scenery\World\scenery; see http://fssupport.com/fsaddonforum/index.php?topic=59.msg267#msg267

Cheers, Holger

Molew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 07:47:17 PM »
Actually,  this one was my mistake... The scenery works quite nicely when it is activated within the sim's scenery list inside the sim itself.

*face-palm for not catching that sooner