Author Topic: Repair tool  (Read 6381 times)

Zigarten

• View Profile
Repair tool
« on: March 20, 2016, 08:35:01 PM »
Hi Holger,

Doesn't seem to be installed?

The Van+ one is and I ran it after doing the terrain refresh for my Orbx issues as you suggested.

I see the manual entry you have on this Tongass forum, do that instead?

Thanks
Gord

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
Re: Repair tool
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 09:57:53 PM »
Hi Gord,

if you have the symptoms of the missing terrain.cfg entries in P3D (land instead of water etc.) then, yes, following the steps outlined in the sticky thread should do the job.

Cheers, Holger

Zigarten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:54:06 AM »
Thanks for the reply so quick!

FSX.

I had the thing where the textures were weird, you had pictures on the Orbx forum and they matched what I was seeing in Northern B.C.  So in that forum you suggested refreshing terrain.cfg. Pulling the back up from Orbx work and using that one as a base. Can't find that post just now though.

When I went to run the repair tool though, for Tongas, I can't find one in the program list.

Maybe just re-install?

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »
Hi Gord,

if the repair function isn't available through the Windows Start Menu (All Programs > FSAddon > Tongass Fjords FSX > Repair) it means that you've moved the installer .exe from its original location. In any case, since a Repair is pretty much the same as a re-installation anyway, that's what I'd do in your case. Doing so should restore the missing terrain.cfg entries.

That being said if your issue isn't with missing waterbodies but rather general ground texture "morphing" then this may also point to another cause, such as a local landclass file at higher display priority than the two Tongass Fjords entries. There's a post in the Orbx forums that graphically shows how the entries should be positioned relative to one another: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/108487-tongass-x-and-ftx/?do=findComment&comment=975652

Specifically, the Tongass entries need to be above the openLC entries ('OLC' marker in FTX Central's insertion point tool) and below the Orbx/FTX block of entries ('FTX' marker).

Cheers, Holger

Zigarten

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 08:25:18 AM »
This happened again. I had to do all this tweaking for the Orbx to try and get KSEA, which I gave up in frustration that I couldn't fix. However, they said (Nick) my cfg was a-ok. But now I have no lake sometimes (ie Green Lake BC) and sand dunes on the mountain sides.

Can I send you my scenery.cfg?

I don't want to re-mess up my Orbx work

Thanks Holger

Gord