Author Topic: Installer can't find Ultimate Terrain installation  (Read 5320 times)

martinlest

• View Profile
Installer can't find Ultimate Terrain installation
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:27:28 PM »
Hi. I just bought Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords and Vancouver+ Part 1.... A few small problems:

I have UT Canada/Alaska installed in D:\FS9\scenery\) but Tongass config says the scenery is not installed (it is) or not active (it is). Odd, as Vancouver+ did not object to my ticking the Ultimate Terrain boxes.

I just clicked 'continue' anyway. Is that OK?n Or do I need to manually move files somehow?

Thanks.

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
Re: Installer can't find Ultimate Terrain installation
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 10:08:14 PM »
Hi there,

as per the Tongass Fjords manual on page 16 you can run the configurator and then specify your location of Ultimate Terrain by clicking on the box with the three dots.

If all else fails there is a text file named "file_list_utcan.txt" in \FSAddon\Tongass Fjords\cache\tongass_utcan that lists the required file movements that the configurator should have completed. However, manually selecting the path in the configurator panel should do the trick.

Cheers, Holger

martinlest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 10:10:55 PM »
Sorry, I missed that in the manual. I'll run the configurator again.

Thanks a lot (and for the scenery - looks like I'll be flying in Canada for some time to come!).

Oh, I meant to ask.. what happened to Vancouver+ part2, appearing in 2007?

Best wishes.

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 10:29:29 PM »
Hi again,

thanks for the kind words, have fun exploring the Lower Mainland and SE Alaska!

Part 2 was going to be CYVR but both Bill and Jon abandoned that project (some time after Part 1 was released) as being too difficult. However, Jonathan Gabbert made an excellent freeware version for FS9; if you don't have it already search for it at Avsim and also check his blog: https://jgabbert.wordpress.com/

Cheers, Holger

martinlest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 10:41:33 PM »
Yes, I have that file - thanks anyway for the heads up. (It is a very nice airport, I agree! Wish I could get to Vancouver real world one day!).

martinlest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 12:02:26 AM »
Then configurator still didn't accept that UT is there and active, even when pointing straight at it, so I removed the files from the txt list you indicated - only some were there; I suppose the others had been removed previously by other sceneries. I'll keep an eye out for coastline/shoreline problems.