Author Topic: Request for advice re: Gladiator X  (Read 4570 times)

chris455

• View Profile
Request for advice re: Gladiator X
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:03:36 PM »
Greetings all,
I am requesting any advice possible on an unusual problem.
I have recently purchased the FSAddons Gladiator for FSX. Superb work!
I purchased it primarily to be able to fly the naval version fron Flying Stations equally beautiful HMS Victorious, which is the highest quality period carrier for the Glad.
The only problem, and it is an odd one, is that after I trap, (land on the carrrier) the Gladiator sinks, tail-first, and falls through the carrier decks. Literally down into the hangar. Really bizarre looking stuff.
I am asking for any advice on the Flying stations website as well, becuase I have no idea where the problem lies- plane or ship.
This is because the Glad performs fine on other carriers in FSX. The Victorious performs fine with other planes.
Only when I combine the two is there an issue.
Any advice that might help me sort this would be much appreciated- I was so looking forward to experiencing these two working together.  :-\

My many thanks in advance,
Chris

chris455

• View Profile
Re: Request for advice re: Gladiator X
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:43:17 AM »
All,
I know it sounds very odd, but after much testing, I have determined that this issue only arises when using the saved flights featuring HMS Victorious that are furnished as part of the Vic's installation package.
Using aicarriers2, I can safely launch and trap the Gladiator on Victorious with no problems.
No idea whatsoever what causes this to happen in the saved flights, but I don't care. All is well now that I can use both together.
I have informed the folks at Flying Stations as well-
And Mr Smeiman, thank you so much for the beautiful Gladiator!

francois

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 05:27:10 PM »
Hi Chris, frankly, I am baffled and so is Simon (he cannot access this forum himself because of lack of internet access where he lives).
But I see you have found it to work when not using the saved flights, so I guess you can live with that? Very difficult finding solutions to these sort of problems  :(

Kindest regards,
Francois

chris455

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 04:25:05 AM »
Francois,
Yes, baffled here as well, but, since only the saved flights present a problem, all is not lost and I can easily land the Gladiator successfully using the aicarriers2 program.
My thanks to you and also please convey my thanks to Simon for creating the Gladiator, it is one of my favorite aircraft.
Best regards,
Chris