Author Topic: Airport elevation problems  (Read 3400 times)

den

• View Profile
Airport elevation problems
« on: April 24, 2018, 04:14:12 PM »
I've just purchased TGF and installed it on my P3D v4.1 installation and I have a problem with airport elevations at most of the airports in the scenery area.  The problems occur at PAFE, PAPG, PAKW, and PAWG.  the CBW4 and 5 airports are OK.  So is PAKT, which is outide the TGF area.  The problem is that the runway is either floating above the surface or sunk down into it.

I also have OrbX Vector and the surrounding scenery areas.
I've tried running the Vector configurator and only 2 of the airports, FE andKW, show up in it anyway.  I tried with airport elvation correction on and off and it made no difference.
I've moved the 2 TGF sceneries to the top of the list in the scenery library, told FTX central to put OrbX entries below them but that has not cured it either.
I would like to sort this out before i try installing the RTMM sceneries for the area.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

den

• View Profile
Re: Airport elevation problems
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 03:21:04 PM »
Hi Dieter, thanks for your reply.

I did see the one from Holger Sandmann re the terrain.cfg.  I had to use this to remove the "no water only trees" effect when I first installed the product.
I hadn't seen the one by Poppet on Avsim (I'm guessing it is the same Poppet from the LM P3D forum?)  I did not realise that the TF scenery had to be below the OrbX stuff but unfortunately moving it did not solve the problem.

I used the Estonia migration tool for the install so all the files appear to be in the correct place and
i do see the scenery- it's just it has these annoying elevation problems.  You can see these on these screenshots I posted to my dropboc : -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uv8xpmkgdiau0y/PAFE.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/onhwv4sg7guen0c/PASI.jpg?dl=0
What I don't see is the 8 elevation adjustment files in Scenery/World/scenery for some reason.  I'll have to see if I can find them elsewhere.
Den
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 03:29:40 PM by den »

den

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 03:40:28 PM »

What I don't see is the 8 elevation adjustment files in Scenery/World/scenery for some reason.  I'll have to see if I can find them elsewhere.
Den
Well, that was easier than I expected!  I found the files had been installed to my FSX Steam installation (on the same drive as P3D), so I copied them accross and noe everything is as it should be.
Thanks again for your help.

Den

Quinteros

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 12:01:30 AM »
Sadly that didn't do the trick for me. In fact, after I did that I noticed even more problems. Luckily, I backed everything up prior to this. Any other suggestions on how to fix the airport elevation issues?