Author Topic: Hudson Radar Screen?  (Read 3568 times)

WarHorse47

Hudson Radar Screen?
« on: January 22, 2017, 04:49:26 AM »
Curiosity finally got the better of me.   :P

I've noticed that Shift+1 causes the lower part of the cockpit to be black.  The panel.cfg indicates Window00=Radar Screen, yet the ident=MAIN_PANEL.  There is no gauge showing for Window00.

Was this intentional?  Was something left out?  It would be easy to edit the panel.cfg to permit only the gps unit to display, but I thought I'd ask the question and see what happens.   8)

Thanks in advance.

--WH

Skysim

• Beta Testers
    • View Profile
Re: Hudson Radar Screen?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:23:40 AM »
I am not sure about using "Shift+1" ?
The Hudson does not have a complete 2D main panel for all the panel gauges. All gauges except for the radar and prop sync are 3D.
Cycling through the vc cockpit cameras with the"A" key does not show the lower part of the cockpit to be black.

WarHorse47

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »
Yes, this is what happens when I press Shift+1...

--WH

francois

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 05:44:19 PM »
Ah yes, I can confirm the black screen when pressing Shift+1. That's a bit of an oops.
It should display a message that there is no function connected to Shift+1. (Since these old birds did not have GPS, I think Simon did not put it in either).

I cannot test any further (to see how we did it in our other models) becasue I am running off to Italy ... like.... NOW ! Sorry !

WarHorse47

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »
From what I can see the other aircraft from Simon have a mix of settings for the panel.cfg, some with and without GPS or radios.  The Hudson is the only one with a reference to radar, which I'm aware is in modeled gauge within the aircraft itself.

The Hudson is the only one where I added a GPS, but I never touched the Window00=Radar Screen.  No worries as I don't use radar anyway, but I was just curious as I mentioned.

--WH