Author Topic: Misty Fjords installer has still not been corrected?  (Read 3513 times)

martinlest

• View Profile
Misty Fjords installer has still not been corrected?
« on: January 03, 2016, 09:44:59 PM »
Hi. I bought Misty Fjords via SimMarket yesterday (amongst other FSAddon sceneries) and having installed it, went to read a bit online about the scenery. I learned from the horse's mouth (Holger!) that the file 0_UT_RR913120.bgl has an error in it (*.mp instead of *.bmp) and from another forum that HS_gravelpit_wi.bmp was missing. Both omissions create CTDs.

Sure enough, decompiling the bgl file from my setup (I couldn't get it to recompile), I see it has the same problem. I am a bit amazed that some ten years have gone by and this has not been addressed. I spent ages Googling to get to the bottom of this and to find replacements: Holger's link I found to the missing bmp file is dead, 404 error, and the simflight link to the bgl file lead me to a page which I "do not have permission to access", for some reason (logged in to the forum though I was). And the files have not (as far as I could see) been added to the downloads section here either.

Any reason, almost ten years on, that the installers bought online have not been updated and so are still causing CTDs? Not everyone by any means is going to discover the cause as quickly as I was lucky enough to do. The scenery may be great (first flights look great), but that lapse creates a poor initial impression... Fortunately someone on the AVSIM forums came to the rescue and emailed me the corrected/missing files.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:50:23 PM by martinlest »

francois

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Misty Fjords installer has still not been corrected?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 03:11:30 PM »
10 years on...... first time I hear of it actually.... or I've forgotten. Age comes into play sometimes. I'm amazed after many thousands of installs that only now someone pops up with a problem !?

I'll ask Holger about it... I cannot make or change this particular installer myself I'm afraid :-(

martinlest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
Hi Francois. Thanks.

As I say, Holger knows about it (though may well have forgotten!), as he was the one who supplied the links to the corrected files, back in 2007 -  several people did experience the CTDs, according to forum threads I read. So it seems a shame that the setup files still have the same faults as in 2005.  Just an oversight (and my heads up), I am sure. :)

Holger Sandmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 05:41:54 PM »
Hi there,

thanks for the heads-up. A new version of the MF installer itself wasn't/isn't possible, for a number of reasons, but I hadn't realized that the update/patch links have gone dead. To keep them all in one place I've made a new post here with the four files attached: http://fssupport.com/fsaddonforum/index.php?topic=66.0

Cheers, Holger

martinlest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 05:48:21 PM »
That's great. Thank you.

francois

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 06:52:29 PM »
And the downloads page is also updated with the same files now (and some for the other products...... still looking for the rest...)