Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /home/fssuppor/public_html/fsaddonforum/Sources/Subs-Editor.php on line 900
Manual Installation of VanPlusv3

Author Topic: Manual Installation of VanPlusv3  (Read 3950 times)

liketofly

• View Profile
Manual Installation of VanPlusv3
« on: July 12, 2017, 10:46:11 AM »
Hi,

Can someone help me with the manual installation of VanPlusv3 into P3Dv4? Any help would be highly appreciated.

regards
liketofly

Dieter

• View Profile
    • PNW Backcountry Pilots
Re: Manual Installation of VanPlusv3
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 04:38:55 PM »
Well, it's not only you, most likely many other users like me, too.

Dieter
Greetings
Dieter

francois

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »
Unfortunately I do not have V4 yet, and the author has deceased...... unless someone else has done it already (of our users or colleagues), I cannot help you at this moment.

liketofly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 02:40:27 PM »
Hi francois,

Thanks for your replay. I got it to work in Prepar3Dv4 - however, as it is not a native P3Dv4 scenery, it does tend to stutter a little - and mybe some objects and vehicles are not shown correctly. For the most part it works as it is supposed to.

The process was rathter simple and pretty much the same as with Tongass Fjords. Copy the scenery - add the entrys to terrain.cfg - and place it in the right spot of the scenery libray.

I'm sure more experianced Simulator users are quite easily able to port it over as is - a full compatibility update to v4 would most likely require a complete remake of the scenery or better said a full recompile with the P3Dv4 SDK.

kind regards
liketofly

francois

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 05:57:02 PM »
Thanks for that ! I will be working on updating our installers of at least some of our products, but a complete remake of Vancouver is unfortunately impossible.  :-\

Iamcanadian2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
Hello I am new to this forum but have been using Van + since it came out . Sad to hear about Jon, talented guy.
I am using prepar v4 now and would like to have VAN+ installed and I would definitely pay for a new installer as I would think many others would. I used the migration tool for v3 worked fine but I tried with v4 and I had to reinstall the whole sim.( kinda figured it wouldn't work)
I live here in Vancouver and have a 3dof sim 3 X50" sony LEDs so this is where I fly all the time. Orbx PNW is good but missing a lot of scenery and detail on local airports. jons work is the best.
To copy the scenery is it ok to take it from V3 files ?

Like to fly I don't want to mess up my files . A little more detail as to where I take the scenery from ?
thanks for the Work!

liketofly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »
Hi,

@ Iamcanadian2 - I followed the nicely detailed instructions for installing Tongass Fjords X Prepar3D v3 & v4 in this thread...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/491556-installing-tongass-fjords-x-prepar3d-v3-v4/

the same instructions work for Van+  ;)

regards
liketofly

francois

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 06:46:54 PM »
Since there are no other than the V3 files, those are that you use :-)

Iamcanadian2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 07:15:39 PM »
If any one wants Vancouver plus added to Prepar 3d V4 do this its easy and works great. But you must have V3 installed on a HD and van plus installed using the migration tool to install it in V3.
Then go to ADD on Scenery in V4 find the folders on VAN Plus and Victoria in V3 click ok. It runs and compiles  the files , mine crashed to desk top when it finished but restarted V4 and its all there.  If you install any other scenery afterwards you have to go back into scenery folders and place VAN plus on 2-3 or PNW will take precedent. 
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/518469-vancouverplus-version-3/?page=2