Author Topic: Vancouver Plus v3 scenery object error?  (Read 4536 times)

robmw

• View Profile
Vancouver Plus v3 scenery object error?
« on: January 15, 2015, 08:33:29 PM »
Hi,

First of all I'd just like to say how sorry I am to see the closure of FSAddon online and offer my condolences and understanding to Francois. These stupid VAT regulations have also just caused the demise of another of my favourite long-time scenery developers - Earth Simulations in the UK.

Anyway, that aside I wanted to ask if the following scenery anomaly is possibly a bug in Van+ v3. I noticed after recently installing afresh to a new PC which can finally do the scenery justice at full detail. At first I thought it might be a conflict of some kind but I have reduced my scenery library to just Orbx FTX-PNW and Van+, in what should be the right order, with no positive effect.

I have also checked on my older PC which is running 4 year old hardware and see exactly the same problem so it's unlikely to be graphics driver or hardware related (GTX 680 vs. GTX 980).

I have attached a screenshot which makes the issue clear - parts of the stadium are invisible:

Many thanks for any thoughts you can offer.

Rob W

JonPatch

• View Profile
Re: Vancouver Plus v3 scenery object error?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 11:28:51 PM »
Make sure Rob that your scenery complexity is set to extremely dense.

Jon

robmw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 12:55:44 AM »
I'll check that again but I'm sure it is set to maximum, along with most of the other scenery and graphics sliders. Other than that I'm using a vanilla cfg file, no alterations other than the highmem fix and wideview.

To be honest I haven't tried many other scenery areas yet but the Orbx airports and PNW plus your Victoria+ PNW seem ok (as far as I've explored).

Additionally scenery complexity is set to max on my older PC and I see the same thing there.

Unfortunately I don't have the original Van+ installer to set up a comparison.

Rob

JonPatch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 04:22:31 PM »
Ok, lemme know.  What we are seeing is that the default FSX BC Place stadium (and adjacent arena) is not showing, but my added custom infrastructure is.  So how about some screenshots of the downtown area so we can see if other MS objects are showing.  Examples (google these if you don't know the area):

- Harbour Centre tower
- Empire landmark hotel
- Granville Square

robmw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »
Problem solved - thanks for your help Jon.

I hadn't realised that there were some default MS objects still in the scenery and never thought to check if that layer was active so I missed the most obvious answer!

I'm not sure how the default western north america scenery layer was missing but I do use a tool to manage my scenery.cfg to prevent it getting too full of entries at any one time so maybe something went wrong there.

Anyway all's well now. :-)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:33:30 PM by robmw »

JonPatch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:23:44 PM »
Glad we got it sorted, Rob.  Thanks for your support and happy flying!

Jon